Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme Apply Online | PM Solar Rooftop Subsidy Yojana Online Registration | Free Solar Rooftop Scheme Online Application Form | Free Solar Panel Yojana Calculator |
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme has been launched under the Central Government or Government of India. By applying under this scheme, beneficiaries will be able to get a subsidy amount for the installation of solar on the rooftop of the house or workplace. The government will ensure a 40% of subsidy for installing solar panels on roofs of houses.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about Solar Rooftop Scheme 2023 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, Important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying under this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme 2023
In order to encourage the use of renewable energy save existing resources of the environment and take benefit of solar energy, the Government of India has started Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme. 40% of subsidy will be allotted to each eligible beneficiary for the installation of solar panels in their houses. This scheme promotes citizens of the country to use solar energy systems.
Central Government has started Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme in order to promote the use of solar energy and renewable energy among the citizens of the country so that it will solve all the problems in concern with the electricity charges. After applying under this scheme no one has to pay a huge amount of electricity bill. The subsidy will be allotted to applicants for installing solar panels on their roofs.
Highlights Of Solar Rooftop Scheme 2023
The highlights of this scheme are as follows:-
|Name of the Scheme||Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi Ji|
|Delegated Ministry||Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE)|
|Launched under||Government of India / Central Government|
|Applicable to||7 UTs and 29 States|
|Objective||To provide subsidy for the installation of Solar panels|
|Benefit||People will not have to pay huge amounts of electricity bills|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India|
|Form of benefit||Solar Panel Rooftop Installation|
|Budget allocated by||India’s Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs|
|Budget||Rs. 500 Crores|
|Space required for installation||10 Square Meter for 1 KW|
|Solar panel life||Up to 20 years|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Scheme Category||Sarkari Yojana|
Objectives of Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme
One of the foremost objectives of launching the Solar Rooftop Scheme is to promote the use of solar energy as well as renewable energy among the citizens of India so that the Electricity costs will be reduced up to 0 rupees and no one has to the amount of electricity bill. This scheme more and more focuses on making India Aatam Nirbhar in the field of electricity.
The other objective of launching the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme is to make people capable of purchasing solar panels and then installing them on their rooftop by availing 40% of subsidy on the installation of solar panels on the rooftop of their houses. Applicants will be able to save some money and will be able to reduce some amount of electricity bill.
Solar Power Plant Subsidy Scheme
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has launched Solar Power Plant Subsidy Scheme in order to promote the use of solar power energy among the citizens of India. A target of attaining 1 lakh Mega Watt of solar energy for the year 2023 has been set up by the Government.
Benefits Of Solar Power Plant Subsidy Scheme
The benefit of this scheme is as follows: –
- Within the provision of this new scheme, the applicant can avail the 30% of subsidy on the installation of rooftop solar power plant.
- Applicants can borrow Rs. 10 lakhs of loan from the nationalized banks of our India.
- Rs. 2 for every unit will be paid by the Central Government that has been generated under the solar power plant.
- Apart from these benefits, the beneficiaries can also earn some sort of money by selling the units of power generated by their solar power plants within the synchronized tariffs fixed by the Government.
Specification Of Solar Power Plant
Some details of this scheme are as follows: –
|Space required for installing||100 square feet|
|Cost of installation||Rs. 60k to Rs. 70k|
|Cost of installation with subsidy||Rs. 42k to Rs. 49k|
|Power generated||1,100 to 1,500 Kwh/Kwp p.a|
|consumer earning||Rs. 2k to 3k per annum|
State Wise Discom Portal List
The list of state-wise Discom Portal for the installation of solar panels are as follows: –
|State/ UT Name||Link provided|
|Andaman and Nicobar island||Click here|
|Andhra Pradesh||Click here|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu||Click here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click here|
|Madhya Pradesh||Click here|
|NCT of Delhi||Click here|
|West Bengal||Click here|
Benefits Of Solar Rooftop Scheme
The benefits of this scheme are as follows: –
- By applying under this scheme, all the beneficiaries will be able to get installation of solar panels on rooftop of their houses.
- Government will provide 40% of subsidy on the installation of solar panels.
- Solar Rooftop Scheme will reduce some amount of electricity bill.
- Citizens will be encouraged to use solar energy and renewable energy sources.
- Amount of subsidy rate will be directly transferred to the beneficiary account number by the Government under Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme.
- Benefit of subsidy on the installation of solar roof has been extended to all the working sectors.
- Applicants from various states and UTs can directly claim the amount of Subsidy from the Discom Agency by visiting their official website as per their origin of state.
- Life of this solar panel will be upto 20 years after the installation.
- There is no need to replacement till the 25 years of servicing.
- It is safe for both environment as well as for health of the applicant.
- Costs very less as compared to the grid power.
- It makes the work easy as the applicant will no need to depend upon grid power.
- Saves lot of money from paying as electricity bill.
- Applicants can install these solar panels on anywhere such as in the houses, factories, group housing as well in the buildings or anywhere in the society.
- Interested applicants can visit the official website of this scheme for making registration.
Features Of Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme
Features of this scheme are as follows: –
- Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme has been launched under the Government of India.
- Prime Minister Shri. Narendra Modi Ji has started this initiative.
- This scheme has been extended to all states and as well as all the UTs of India.
- Budget for this scheme has been allocated by India’s Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
- It is a kind of one time investment which the applicant has to pay at the time of installing solar panel.
- An amount of 40% subsidy will be allocated to the applicant for the installation of solar panels for 3 kilowatts.
- 20% of subsidy will be given for the installation of 3 KW to 500 KW of solar panels.
- These solar panels will provide the electricity facilities for more than 25 years.
- An amount of Rs. 500 crores have been allocated by the Government for the successful implementation of Solar Rooftop Scheme.
- Electricity Agency will directly transfer you the amount of subsidy in your respective bank account.
- Solar panels will reduce the cost of electricity from 30% to 50%.
- About 100 square feet of space will be required for the installation of solar panels.
- By installing Solar Panels on their rooftop, applicants will be able to earn Rs. 2k to 3k per year (12 months).
- The applicants have to pay only Rs. 6.50 for per kWh.
- The benefit of this subsidy has been extended to household use, Industrial use, Social sector use, hospitals use and also for educational use.
- Solar Rooftop System is most suitable for commercial organization.
No information has been provided by using the resources regarding the Eligibility Criteria and important documents required for the application form under the Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme. As soon as any data related to the application could be supplied with the help of internet sources, we will update you with all the information via this article.
Process To Apply Online Under Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for applying online under this scheme: –
- At first you will need to visit the Official Website of this scheme.
- Now you will land on the homepage of this site.
- After that you will need to click on link “Apply for Solar Rooftop”.
- Then you will redirect to a new page where you will need to select the name of the State/UT.
- Now the user will get the registration button. You have to click on the Registration button.
- After that you will need to click on the option of Consumer.
- At this page, the user have to fill some details while make registration:-
- Email Id
- Consumer Number
- Mobile Number
- After making these all entries click on the option of login.
- Now you can apply for Rooftop Solar Panels.
- You will redirect to a new page which will contains the list of portal links of DISCOM.
- Applicant will need to click on the relevant link of their state on which he/she lives.
- Then after applying for it, some officials of electricity department of your state will visit on your house and will install the solar panels.
- In order to gain the allocated subsidy, you will need to send bill of the solar panel to the electricity department which will be saved on your login panel.
- After that the department of electricity will directly transfer you the subsidized amount to your bank account number.
Procedure To Do SPIN Login
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for SPIN Login under this scheme: –
- At first you will need to visit its official website.
- After that you will land on the homepage of this site.
- Just look on the top right side of the screen. There will be an option of Login just click this option.
- Now you will require to enter some of the asked detail into the required columns: –
- Human check (captcha code)
- Then after making all the entries, you have to click on the option of Login button.
- In this way you will get SPIN login under their portal.
Calculating Cost Of Solar Rooftop
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for calculating the cost of solar rooftop under this scheme: –
- At first you will need to open its official website.
- Now you will land on the homepage of this site.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the link of Solar Rooftop Calculator.
- After that a new page will be appeared on your screen where you make to make selection as per your choice of requirement: –
- Total Roof Top Area
- Solar Panel Capacity you want to install
- Your Budget
- Then after making this selection, the applicant will need to select the State and then Consumer category.
- Afterwards you have to click enter what is your cost of average electricity.
- Now you have to click on the option of Calculate.
- Price of the solar rooftop for installation will be shown on your screen.
Process To Download Solar Rooftop Scheme App
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for downloading solar rooftop app under this scheme: –
- At first the user will need to go into play store app.
- Then you have to type name of UMANG App on the search bar.
- After that you will displayed with the list of apps of the searched name.
- Click on the install button that has been shown at the top left side of the screen.
- Now it will get installed on your phone.
- The applicants can make their registration on the UMANG app and can access the updates of Solar Rooftop.
- All you need is to visit the UMANG app then search for Solar Rooftop on the search bar.
- After that you can access it on your mobile phones.
Viewing Faqs Related To Discom
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for viewing FAQs related to Discom under this scheme: –
- First of all the user will need first to open the official website of this scheme.
- Now you will land on the homepage of this site.
- On the homepage, you have to click on the 3 dash button menu.
- After that various options will be displayed under this menu.
- Just click on the option of FAQ (new).
- Then click on the FAQ for Discoms.
- A file format will be getting displayed on your screen.
- You can download it and can read it.
If there is any queries & questions coming to your mind when you contact the Helpline Number and Toll-Free Number mentioned below:-
- Helpline Number: – 18002334477
- Toll Free Number: – 18001803333