What Is New Education Policy | National Education Policy 2021 | New Education Policy In India | Register For NEP | New Education Policy Essay | What Is NEP | National Education Policy Essay |
New National Education Policy has been launched under the Government of India on 29 July 2020 under the chairmanship of T.S.R. Subramanian. This policy will summarize the new education system in India. It has replaced the previous education policy, 1986. This policy will transform India’s Education System by 2040.
Through this article you will get all the information regarding the National Education Policy 2024 such as Objectives, Eligibility criteria, benefits, features, important documents, etc. besides that, we will bring up to date you with the step-by-step application procedures for applying online under this policy.
National Education Policy 2024
Recently changes have been done in the National Education Policy 1986 by Dr Kasturirangan (Chief of ISRO) under the supervision of the Ministry Of Human Resource Management. Education Minister Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal has started this initiative. The study pattern from 10+2 has been replaced by the pattern of 5+3+3+4. The education system from the pre-school will be generalized by 2040.
NEP 2023 is the new education policy of the 21st century built on the 4 pillars: – Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability. This policy will make India’s Education system a vibrant and global knowledge superpower by 2040. It will bring unique capabilities to each student. School curriculum from 10+2 has been changed to 5+3+3+4.
Highlights Of National Education Policy 2024
Highlights of this policy are per follows:-
|Name of the Policy
|National Education Policy
|Education Minister Mr Ramesh Pokhriyal
|29 July 2020
|Government of India or Central Government
|Union Cabinet of India
|Ministry of Education
|To transform India’s education system with vibrant knowledge by 2040
|Students will be able to have unique capabilities
|Form of Benefit
|Superpower knowledge & vibrant knowledge
|Sarva Siksha Abhiyan Mid Day Meal Scheme
|Duration of UG studies
|National Scholarship Portal
|Mode of application
|G-7, Sector-10 Dwarka Near Metro Station, New Delhi – 110075
Objectives Of NEP
The main objective of changing the National Education Policy is to bring India’s education system to the global level. Through this change, students at the schooling level will be able to utilize their talents. This will focus more on bringing qualitative study among the students. Students will be permitted to select subjects as per their choice of interest after 10th education.
The other objective of launching the new National Education Policy is to imbibe the values and knowledge of mother tongue and regional languages to the student so that the student will be able to utilize their skills at the global level. Students will not study their curriculum as being compulsion but will enjoy it learning, understanding and playing.
What Is New Education Policy?
New Education Policy has replaced the 34-year-old education policy by the year 2023. This policy has been formed under the consultation process of former Cabinet Secretary T.S.R. Subramanian. This aims to bring some new changes to the education system. This policy will imbibe the values of both higher education as well vocational training in both rural and urban India.
Role Of HECI In New Education Policy
Higher Education Commission of India (HECI) is responsible for setting up the entire higher education excluding medical and legal education. HECI will govern public and private higher education institutions. There are 4 branches of HECI as follows: –
- National Higher Education Regulatory Council (NHERC).
- General Education Council (GEC).
- Higher Education Grants Council (HEGC).
- National Accreditation Council (NAC).
Changes In Study Pattern
The structure of the study pattern has been changed from 10+2 to 5+3+3+4 to ages 3-8, 8-11, 11-14 and 14-18 years correspondingly. This will be implemented as follows: –
- Foundational stage: – classes 1 and classes in primary school will cover the children of ages 3-8 years based on activity learning.
- Preparatory Stage: – classes 3 to 5 will cover the children of ages 8-11 years based on speaking, writing, reading and physical education learning.
- Middle Stage: – classes 6 to 8 covering will cover the children between ages 11 and 14 based on conceptual subjects learning.
- Secondary Stage: – Classes 9 to 12 will cover the students ages of 14-19 years based on critical thinking learning.
Changes In Languages
Changes have also been bringing in some parts of languages. The government has declared that only mother tongue and regional languages will be given priority for learning. Emphasis will also be given to the Sanskrit and foreign languages. At least 3 languages will be learned by the students. Now it is dependent on the institutions, states as well as schools to decide implementation.
Changes In Teachers Education
Some changes have also been recorded in the teacher’s education. The citizen must hold 4 years of bachelor’s degree in order to become a successful teacher. This will bring transparency to the recruitment process of teachers. Such teachers will hire at the schools who can teach the students in their local language.
Selection Of Elective Foreign Language
Students can opt for any foreign language as per their choice of interest for speaking. Various choices of foreign languages will be given to the student at the time of making selection such as – French, German, Spanish, Chinese and Japanese. Selection of foreign language will be considered elective and will not include under the 3 language formula.
Changes In The Higher Education
Within the provisions of NEP, students will hold a 4-year bachelor’s degree in an undergraduate course. Students will be given 1 year of certificate after completing 1 year of UG study. Students will get a diploma after completing 2 years of study. A Bachelor degree will be given to the student after the completion of a 3-year study. 4 years of multidisciplinary Bachelor’s degree will be given if the student has completed his 4 years of UG study.
Organizing Branch Campuses
The government has made provisions to organize campuses by foreign universities in India. Foreigners can set up their IIT campuses in India. These campuses will bring utilize international education among students in order to attract India’s academic talent at the global level. This change will establish India as Vishwa Guru (world teacher).
Scholarships For Students
The government will provide scholarships to meritorious students belonging to SC, ST, OBC and other categories so that they will be encouraged to do the study without having suffered from financial difficulties. The government has allocated National Scholarship Portal for honouring such kinds of meritorious students by providing scholarships. This portal will support, track and foster the progress of students while receiving scholarships.
Open & Distance Learning
In order to provide quality based content courses as well, programs government will provide quantitative study materials, online courses, online platforms, and online websites to the students who are pursuing their education by joining distance learning. Online learning will provide a platform for studying without having to be physically present. Some of the internet courses provided to the student will be free of cost.
Reduction Of School Bag Weight
Within applying some changes in the education system, the weight of the school bags for the students from class 1 to 10 will be reduced to 10%. Digital Weighing machines will be installed in schools where the weights of school bags of all the children will be monitored. Now no student has to bear the extra weight of their bags while carrying books.
Mid Day Meal Scheme
The midday meal scheme was launched under the Sarva Siksha Abhiyan. It is a fellowship program run by the Central Government. This scheme provides free lunches to all the students from primary and upper primary classes in the Government schools. Now Ministry Of Education has changed its name to PM-POSHAN (Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman).
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was launched under the Government of India in the year 2001 which is based on a flagship program. This Abhiyan emphasis more on providing free and compulsory education to children in the age group from 6-14. This Abhiyan comes under the supervision of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
Benefits Of New Education Policy 2024
The benefits of this policy are as follows: –
- With the changes in the education policy, students will be able to bring some unique capabilities and talents, skills in them at the school level.
- Ministry of Education will coordinate each and every activity which covers education matters under National Education Policy.
- Students will be taught in their local and native language by the teachers.
- New teachers will be hiring at the schools who will teach the students at their native language.
- Scholarships will be provided to the meritorious students who belong to SC/ST/OBC and other category for continuing their further studies.
- Scholarships will be provided class 10th to Undergraduation level on the basis of student performance received in the passed examination.
- Now the education structure 5+3+3+4 will be followed in the schools for educating children.
- Students will be allowed to select their interest of subject as per their caliber. No one will be restricted from selecting subjects.
- Coding classes will be given to the students from 6th standard under New Education Policy.
- Digital and online learning platforms will be easily accessible at the internet platforms so that the education will reach every corner of the world.
- Regional languages and native language, Sanskrit languages will be taught at the schools.
- Duration of studying Under graduation has been increased to 4 years.
- 4 years of bachelor degree is must for becoming a teacher in school.
Features Of National Education Policy 2024
The features of this policy are as follows: –
- New National Education Policy has been launched under the Ministry of Human Resource Management.
- Education Minister Mr. Ramesh Pokhriyal has started this initiative.
- Union Cabinet of India has approved this new policy.
- Curriculum structure from 10+2 has been replaced by 5+3+3+4.
- This policy is based upon 4 pillars: – Access, Equity, Quality, Affordability and Accountability.
- Under this policy, vocational study and internship will be given to the students of class 6th.
- Some changes in the spoken languages in schools have been done. Medium of instruction while teaching students must be carried out in the mother tongue or in regional language.
- Stream selection after the 10th standard has been removed.
- Selection of subjects as per the interest of student will be given priority under National Education Policy.
- There will be subject combinations for studying. Students can select any subject with their main subjects of arts or physics.
- For students of class VI, government is going to organize coding classes for them.
- Education will be given by accessing digital devices or assets.
- Study material of various topics on various subjects will be made available on internet platform without charging any money. Students can access the study material without joining institutions centers.
- This policy will make the India with full of superpower knowledge and vibrant knowledge and multidisciplinary.
- Now the student who is pursuing higher education such as Undergraduation, will have to complete his/her study for 4 years of duration.
- National Scholarship Portal has been allocated by the Government for providing scholarships to the best students.
As this policy has been recently launched no information has been provided by using the resources regarding the Eligibility Criteria and Important Documents required for the application form under National Education Policy. As soon as any data related to the application could be supplied with the help of internet sources, we will update you with all the information via this article.
Process To Apply Online Under National Education Policy 2024
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for applying online under this policy:-
- At first the applicant will need to visit the Official Website of this MYNEP2020.
- Now you will be able to see the homepage of this site.
- On homepage, you will require to click on the option of Registration.
- Then the registration form will be displayed on your screen where you will need to enter some asked details in the required columns: –
- Date of Birth
- Aadhar Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- PIN Code
- After making all the entries, click on the option of register.
- In this way you will be able to make registration under this policy.
Procedure For Login Under NEP
The applicants have to follow mentioned below steps for login under this policy:-
- For login on the portal, the applicant will need first to visit the official website of this policy.
- Then you will land on the homepage of this site.
- Click on the Login option.
- After then the login page will be displayed on your screen where you will need to some entries such as: –
- Now you will have to click on the option of Login after making all the successful entries on the portal.
- By following mentioned above steps, you will be able to do login on the portal.
In case there is any queries and questions coming to your mind regarding National Education Policy, then you can contact the mentioned helpline number and Email Id: –
- Helpline Number: – 011-20893267/ 011-20892155
- Email ID: – [email protected]