West Bengal Student Internship Scheme Online Registration | West Bengal Student Internship Scheme Application Form | WB Student Internship Scheme Selection Process |
State Government of West Bengal has launched Student Internship Scheme on 31 January 2022 in order to provide internships to those students who have passed their Undergraduation from a recognized university. The government will also provide them Rs. 5000 within allocating them to various government departments and offices. Around 6000 students will be given opportunities.
Today through this article we will provide you with all types of information about WB Student Internship Scheme 2024 like Purpose, Eligibility Criteria, Benefits, Features, Important Documents etc. Apart from this, we will share with you the process of applying online under this scheme. To get complete information about this scheme, read this article till the end.
WB Student Internship Scheme 2024
Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee has launched the WB Student Internship Scheme for students who have passed their bachelor’s degree by securing 60% of minimum marks. Around 6000 interns will be allocated to various government departments and offices. Interns will also receive stipends for their work. An amount of Rs. 5000 will be given to them for working as an intern.
Student Internship Scheme has been launched by the State Government of West Bengal. This scheme has been specially launched for the up-gradation and Updation of skills, knowledge and aptitude of the young bachelor’s degree holders. Internships will be provided to meritorious students. A target of covering 6000 interns has been fixed by the government.
Highlights Of Student Internship Scheme WB 2024
Highlights of this scheme are as follows: –
|Name of the Scheme
|WB Student Internship Scheme
|Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee
|State government of West Bengal
|Selection Board headed by Chief Secretary
|To provide internships to the undergraduate students
|Students will be able to get employment opportunities for their future
|Students of Undergraduate degree Polytechnic Degree ITI Degree
|Below than 40 years
|No. of applicants
|Form of benefit
|Rs. 5000 as a stipend
|Mode of application
|Will be updated soon
Objectives of Student Internship Scheme
One of the foremost objective of launching the West Bengal Student Internship Scheme is to provide employment and entrepreneurship opportunities to the students of undergraduate so that their knowledge, skills and aptitude maybe get developed further and they will be able to get jobs and posts in government offices as well as departments.
Another objective of launching the Student Internship Scheme is to provide Rs. 5000 as a stipend for working as an intern. This will put emphasis on providing training, recruitment and job placement facilities after the completion of their bachelor’s degree. This scheme will be implemented for 1 year. Around 6000 students will be recruited as an intern.
Rs. 5000 As A Stipend
As we all know that government will provide internships opportunities to thousands of students of undergraduate degree holders in order to put the learning of functioning of various government departments and offices, Rs. 5000 in the form of a stipend will be given to them. Through this stipend, they will be able to have some financially stable for meeting their necessities.
Students Turns Into Self Sustaining & Empowered
After applying under this scheme, UG students will be empowered to work hard in order to maintain their livelihood as well as be able to turn out to be self-sustaining/independent. By becoming self independent students will compete the pass as well as performance percentage in the era of a competitive society. It will also increase employment opportunities.
Organizing Training Facilities
After completing their internship, the government is going to give training to the students so that their skills, aptitude, and knowledge of the theoretical approach of study will get upgraded and updated in comparison to the practical aspects of the job. This training facility will prepare them for their future job aspirations.
The next step after giving training facilities to the applicants will be providing job placements. UG students will be given job placements to assure them that their efforts towards working are going to be good. Recruitment authorities will be set up who will stimulate the young potentialities to apply for the vacant jobs.
Contribution Towards Nation Development
By providing internships to the UG students of West Bengal, Govt is more and more emphasis on bringing growth to entire nation by providing them with the training facilities in order to make them available for present Govt positions as well as future expected positions in Govt or private organizations.
Opportunity For Once Again
As we know that each year around 6000 interns will be deputed to different state government offices or district level offices on the basis of their residence location, but the government will also provide them with an opportunity to get selected for this internship again in the next year in case they have not selected as an intern in the present year.
For the acceptance and rejection of application forms that have been filed by various applicants for making registration under this scheme, a selection body will be hired by the government who will make a selection of eligible beneficiaries for internship. They will conduct the application and registration process in an online mode.
Issuance Of Certificate
Those students who have applied under this scheme and have got their internship will be able to get hired as an intern in the delegated government or district level office by the recruitment authorities. The government has also made a provision in order to provide and issue them a certificate after the completion of their internship.
Benefits of Student Internship Scheme 2024
The benefits of this scheme are as follows: –
- One of the main benefit of applying under WB Student Internship Scheme is that government will provide internships opportunities to young age students.
- It is a very good opportunities for those applicants who have completed their graduation degree.
- All those students who have passed their graduation degree by securing 60% of minimum marks will also be welcomed to apply under this scheme.
- This scheme will be implemented for 1 year.
- Every year around 6000 of interns will be hired.
- Applicants will be hired as interns to various government departments and offices.
- For their working as an intern, government will provide them Rs. 5000 as a stipend.
- This will put emphasis on the upgradation and Updation of interns’ skills, potentiality, aptitude and knowledge.
- Student Internship Scheme will also prepare the interns for future expected job positions as well as government job opportunities.
- Undergraduate students will be turn out to be self-sustaining and self-reliant for standing on their own foot.
Features of Student Internship Scheme WB 2024
The features of this scheme are as follows: –
- Student Internship Scheme has been launched under the State Government of West Bengal.
- Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee has started this initiative.
- Launching date of this scheme is 31st January 2022.
- A target of covering 6000 of interns for each year has been fixed by the Government.
- Rs. 5000 will be given to them each month in the form of stipend.
- Passed out undergraduate students will be appointed as interns by applying under this scheme.
- For applying under West Bengal Student Internship Scheme, students must ensure that they have scored 60% of minimum marks in their bachelors’ degree.
- After making registration, interns will be hired at various government offices in the district subdivisions and blocks by the Government authorities.
- Polytechnic or ITI degree holders will also be considered eligible for applying under this scheme.
- The main aim of this scheme is to advance the theoretical approach of study with the practical approach of employment aspect.
For applying under this scheme, the applicant must possess the following criteria mentioned below:-
- The beneficiary must be a permanent citizen of West Bengal.
- The applicant must ensure that his/her age doesn’t exceed to the age of 40 years means the age of the applicant must be below than 40 years.
- Only those students will be given preference that has passed their undergraduate degree.
- Undergraduate degree holder must have 60% of marks.
- Students from the Polytechnic or ITI background will also be considered eligible for applying under this scheme.
Some of the important documents required to apply under the Student Internship Scheme as per given below:-
- Aadhar Card of the applicant is mandatory
- Residence certificate issued by the State authority
- Education certificate of Undergraduate degree
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Mobile number in case for receiving OTPs and future messages
- Email Id for future contact
- Applicant’s latest Passport size photograph
Process To Apply Online Under Student Internship Scheme 2024
As this scheme has been recently launched no such information has been received regarding the application procedure under WB Student Internship Scheme. As soon as any data related to the application procedure could be supplied with the help of government websites, we will update you with all of the information regarding the application procedure through this article.
- WB Official Website- Click Here